View Thread
ClusterDX » Antennas Discussions » Antennas Discussions
 Print Thread
Maco Shooting Star cross-yagi
Henri
Anybody have any experience here on the Maco crossbeam? I was wondering about gettin this antenna, and putting a vertical on other mast also, to my new location. The Maco shooting star costs about 750€ when sent here in finland, so I was wondering if it really is worth it? I really would appreciate the possibility to turn from vertical to horizontal. as the conditionings vary. Quad would be my #1 choice if not for the need of changing polarization. Just asking if you would have any thoughts??
Thanks!

zod808
From what other guys here in states have said about this antenna, I would not put one up myself.
My choice would be a quad of 3 or 4 design.
There is a local here that has one for sale, he didn't like it at all, then he put a 4 element quad up and just loves it.

2SD178

fnord
if you were to transmit circularly polarized. then a cross yagi, with a quad you can polarize vertically if it is high enough, at least over 15 meters. the ground losses are not so high at vp from such heights, the sky waves become ellipsoid one way or another through the ionosphere.
if i had a cross yagi, i would get a diversity receiver at the same time. (rsp duo)
i.redd.it/xevz0t3683061.jpg

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.